Federal Falconry Regulations:
Missouri Falconry Regulations (beginning on page 17):
Downloadable Acquisition 3-186A Form:
Online Acquisition 3-186A Form:
Tips for Trouble-Shooting the Electronic 3-186A Database (9/16/2011):
TO OBTAIN A FEDERAL ISSUANCE ID:
- Enter your five-digit Missouri permit number WITHOUT the preceding zeros. (For example: 24102).
- Enter your name EXACTLY as it was submitted to USFWS. If you go by Mike but you are in the system as Michael, it won’t recognize you. If you are unsure how you are listed, call Julie Love.
- Please note: The “FED” in front of the numbers is part of your federal issuance ID. You will need to input the “FED” in front of the numbers the next time you login.
WHEN FILLING OUT THE ELECTRONIC FORM:
- USFWS recently added a link for forgotten passwords and userid’s. Before, we had to contact them to obtain forgotten userid’s. Now you can have it emailed to you by providing your Federal Issuance ID and email address.
- As stated in red at the top of the form, you can only use the electronic system if the other state has been approved for state-only permitting. States which have not yet been approved will not be in the system.
- As of this date, the states that are participating in the electronic 3-186A are Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.
- If you are doing a transfer of a bird with someone from one of the above states and it isn’t taking the other person’s permit number, try adding to it or omitting from it. Just like we have to drop the zero’s in front of the permit number, if they have letters in front try entering just the numbers, or vice versa.
- If you still cannot get the system to accept the out-of-state person’s info, print off a hard copy 3-186A and mail or fax it to Michele Phillips.
Missouri Department of Conservation Contact Information:
Missouri Dept. of Conservation
PO Box 180
Jefferson City, MO 65102
(573)522-4115 ext. 3266